Temporary Job Opportunity: Summer Student Forestry AssistantJuly 21, 2021
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Apply Now
This temporary summer position is based out of Taan’s Skidegate office and will require travel to Taan’s operations throughout Graham, Moresby, and Louise Islands on Haida Gwaii.
TEMPORARY/SUMMER STUDENT FORESTRY ASSISTANT
This is an introductory role to forestry where you will be working in a team environment and exposed to several different aspects of forestry including silviculture & restoration work, cultural feature identification, and assist Taan Foresters and Engineers with day-to-day activities. As Forestry Assistant, you will report directly to the Operations Forester.
This is an hourly position requiring up to 48 hrs a week of work. Your work attitude and skills will continually be evaluated for other positions and career opportunities at Taan and other Haico Companies. This position is based out of Taan’s Skidegate office and will require travel to Taan’s operations throughout Graham, Moresby, and Louise Islands on Haida Gwaii. You will be expected to be at Taan’s Skidegate office work days at 7:00am to start your field day returning to the office at 5:00pm daily.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team-building skills
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework of Taan’s operations, understanding of Forestry Regulations
- Excellent planning, writing and organizational skills
- Efficient, cooperative team player
Training, Education and Experience
- Interest in Forestry
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Class 5 or better Drivers License
- 18+ years of age
- Experience with silviculture work will be considered an asset
- Cultural Feature Inventory accreditation will be considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 3, 2021 at 4:00pm
Preference will be given to qualified Haida applicants. Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.