Job Opportunity: Quality Control Supervisor - Dryland SortFebruary 9, 2021
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Apply Now
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan), a subsidiary of Haida Enterprises Corporation (HaiCo) requires a highly motivated candidate to be part of its team.
Quality Control Supervisor - Dryland Sort
Reporting to the Woods Foreman, the Quality Control Supervisor has responsibility for overseeing the efficient function, fibre flow, scaling and quality of product at all of Taan’s dryland sorts on Haida Gwaii. The Supervisor will ensure compliance with all Ministry requirements and Taan standards as per the Corporate Management System (CMS). They will ensure compliance with all safety standards and will monitor the smooth flow of work at all sorts. They will be the principal liaison with the Sort Contractor.
Training, Education & Experience
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team-building skills
- At least ten years experience in forestry
- Experience and knowledge of Haida culture
- Bucking/scaling experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of coastal market log sort specifications
- Knowledge of Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Efficient, co-operative team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven capacity for analysis and problem solving
- At least a Class 5 Drivers Licence
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Taan QC Super - Sort”.
Application Deadline: February 17th at 4:00 pm
Preference in hiring will be given to qualified Haida citizens. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.