Job Opportunity: Operations SupervisorSeptember 20, 2021
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Apply Now
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan), a subsidiary of Haida Enterprises Corporation (HaiCo) requires a highly motivated candidate to be part of its team. Reporting to the Chief Forester, the Operation Supervisor has responsibility for overseeing safety and organization of production crews including the tracking of costs and daily production. The Supervisor will ensure compliance with Worksafe BC regulations, MFLNRO and Taan standards as per the Corporate Management System (CMS).
Training, Education & Experience
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team-building skills
- Development and implementation of safety systems
- At least ten years experience in forestry as a Foreman/ Supervisor
- Experience and knowledge of Haida culture
- Experience with heli-logging an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) is a requirement
- Strong organizational skills
- Efficient, cooperative team player
- Proven capacity for analysis and problem-solving
- Class 5 or better Driver’s Licence
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Taan Operations Supervisor”.
Application Deadline: September 29th at 4:00 pm
Preference in hiring will be given to qualified Haida citizens. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.