Job Opportunity: Local Sales and Salvage CoordinatorDecember 14, 2021
TAAn Forest Employment Opportunity: Apply Now
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan), a subsidiary of Haida Enterprises Corporation (HaiCo) requires a highly motivated candidate to be part of its team. The Local Sales and Salvage Coordinator reports directly to the Contract Supervisor. Working in a team environment, you will coordinate with local businesses and entrepreneurs for all local log sales and salvage contracts.
- Coordinate salvage work including pre-work, contracts, invoicing, follow-up, inspections, and post-harvest year-end reporting
- Coordinate local sales including applications, log inventory, scaling, log inspections, invoicing, and boom cutoffs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Haida Gwaii and Haida culture.
- Intermediate level computer skills using Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, and able to stoop and bend.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in logging operations is desired.
- Log grading and scaling will be considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Local Sales and Salvage Coordinator.
Preference will be given to qualified Haida applicants. Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Application deadline January 10, 2022.