Job Opportunity: Area/Planning ForesterJuly 21, 2021
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Apply Now
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan), a subsidiary of Haida Enterprises Corporation (HaiCo) requires a highly motivated candidate to be part of its team.
The Taan Area/Planning Forester is responsible for the day-to-day workloads of Taan’s Silviculture Crews and Forestry Assistants. They will ensure the organization of the work and the adherence to policies, procedures and safety protocols. They will work with the Planning Department to plan and track harvest areas, complete reports, and compliance with all regulatory requirements. They will assist with Silviculture planning and ensure completion of plans within budget and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team-building skills
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework of Taan’s operations, understanding of Forestry Regulations
- Excellent planning, writing and organizational skills
- Efficient, cooperative team player
Training, Education and Experience
- A member in good standing with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Registered Professional Forester with at least 5+ years experience as an RPF
- Experience with Silviculture tracking databases, Survey Wizard/Snap, GPS/GIS Arc info and knowledge of EBM
- Experience in working with First Nations
- At least a Class 5 Drivers Licence
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled. Apply early to be considered.
Preference will be given to qualified Haida applicants. Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.