Contract Opportunity: Spacing Pruning ContractOctober 23, 2018
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SPACING/PRUNING CONTRACT (2018)
Work Opportunity: Carry out Spacing and Pruning on stands within Taan Forests Tenure Areas.
Location: Areas of Graham Island, Haida Gwaii
- 11.2ha block located within the Demon Creek Watershed along Ghost main
- 12.0 ha +/- block located on Drill Main
SUMMARY OF CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Carry out spacing leaving a target of 900 sph of sitka spruce and hemlock
followed by a 1st lift pruning (3.0m) targeting 700 sph of primary hemlock and secondary spruce. No cedar or yew trees are to be cut and will be considered ghost trees for payment plots.
If camping is required to complete the contract, the successful bidder is responsible to ensure legal camp standards are followed.
Interested companies or organizations must include in their submission:
- A cover letter describing their company and why their company should receive the contract.
- Proof of Haida Ownership of the Company or a support letter from a member of the Haida Nation describing why they support your company/ organization.
- A description of how the project will be conducted with the crew and how the project will be completed within the completed timeframe/project milestones.
- Crew size to be used for this project including a list of employees that will be used, along with their employee’s proof of residence (driver licence, government ID with address, Certificate of Indian Status).
- Previous ‘forestry’ related experience pertinent to this contract (i.e., Other spacing projects, training).
- Work References.
- Cost $/ha to complete both phases of project (spacing and pruning).
The evaluation of successful contractor will be based on:
- Haida Owned or Haida supported company, with signed letter from supporter (25%)
- Number of Haida Employees (15%)
- Number of Local Employees (10%)
- Experience with spacing, pruning or similar projects (20%)
- Rates (20%)
- Past performance with Taan Forest or reference checks (10%)
RESOURCES FOR REVIEW/COMPLETION
Term: November 15th – February 28, 2018
Deadline for Submission: November 5th, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
The successful bidder’s RFP will become a binding part of the contract. The winning bidder will be held by the contract to uphold the number of Haida and local employees as indicated in their RFP.
Parties will be contacted after November 6th, 2018
CONTRACT PACKAGES & QUESTIONS
- Bill Crocker, Operations Forester at (250) 559-2337 or Bill@taanforest.com
DEADLINE FOR RFP: NOVEMBER 5, 2018