Contract Opportunity: Riparian Restoration RFPNovember 13, 2018
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
RIPARIAN RESTORATION CONTRACT (2018)
Work Opportunity: Carry out Riparian Restoration on specific stands located within the riparian area of the Yakoun River.
Location: Areas of Graham Island, Haida Gwaii
- Polygon 42 = 9.6 ha
- Polygon 54 = 9.2 ha
- Polygon 34 = 8.4 ha
SUMMARY OF CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Working closely with the project designer you will be reducing stand densities to mimic old growth attributes while meeting density ranges of specific diameter classes within the stand. It is strongly recommended to review the stand management prescriptions and review the site before bidding on this RFP.
If camping is required to complete the contract, the successful bidder is responsible to ensure legal camp standards
Interested companies or organizations must include in their submission:
- A cover letter describing their company and why their company should receive the contract.
- Proof of Haida Ownership of the Company or a support letter from a member of the Haida Nation describing why they support your company/ organization.
- A description of how the project will be conducted with the crew and how the project will be completed within the completed timeframe/project milestones.
- Crew size to be used for this project including a list of employees that will be used, along with their employee’s proof of residence (driver licence, government ID with address, Certificate of Indian Status).
- Previous ‘forestry’ related experience pertinent to this contract (i.e., Other spacing projects, training).
- Work References.
- Cost $/ha to complete the project.
The evaluation of successful contractor will be based on:
- Haida Owned or Haida supported company, with signed letter from supporter (25%)
- Number of Haida Employees (15%)
- Number of Local Employees (10%)
- Experience with similar projects (20%)
- Rates (20%)
- Past performance with Taan Forest or reference checks (10%)
ATTACHMENTS TO REVIEW FOR THE RFP
- Stand Management Prescriptions
- Draft Contract PDF
- Location Map PDF
Term: December 15, 2018 – March 31, 2019
Deadline for Submission: December 5th, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
The successful bidder’s RFP will become a binding part of the contract. The winning bidder will be held by the contract to uphold the number of Haida and local employees as indicated in their RFP.
Parties will be contacted after December 6th, 2018
CONTRACT PACKAGES & QUESTIONS
- Contact Bill Crocker, Operations Forester at (250) 559-2337 or Bill@taanforest.com
DEADLINE FOR RFP: DECEMBER 6, 2018