Contract Opportunity: Riparian RestorationOctober 13, 2020
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS/RATES
WORK OPPORTUNITY: Carry out Riparian Restoration on specific stands located within the riparian area.
LOCATION: Areas of Graham Island, Haida Gwaii:
King Creek: (KNGR01) - 52.2 ha
Ghost Creek: (GSTR01) – 8.7 ha
Phantom Creek: (PHTR01) – 7.3 ha
Summary of Contract Opportunity:
Working closely with the project designer you will be reducing stand densities to mimic old growth attributes while meeting density ranges of specific diameter classes within the stand. It is strongly recommended to review the stand management prescriptions and review the site before bidding on this RFP.
If camping is required to complete the contract, the successful bidder is responsible to ensure legal camp standards are followed.
Interested companies or organizations must include in their submission:
- A cover letter describing their company and why their company should receive the contract.
- Proof of Haida Ownership of the Company or a support letter from a member of the Haida Nation describing why they support your company/organization.
- A description of how the project will be conducted with the crew and how the project will be completed within the completed timeframe/project milestones.
- Crew size to be used for this project including a list of employees that will be used, along with their employee’s proof of residence (driver licence, government ID with address, Certificate of Indian Status).
- Previous ‘forestry’ related experience pertinent to this contract (i.e., Other spacing projects, training).
- Work References.
- Cost $/ha to complete the project
The evaluation of successful contractor will be based on:
- Haida Owned or Haida supported company with signed letter from supporter (25%)
- Number of Haida Employees (15%)
- Number of Local Employees (10%)
- Experience with similar projects (20%)
- Rates (20%)
- Past performance with Taan Forest or reference checks (10%)
BID RESOURCE PDFs
Attachments to review for the RFP:
- Stand Management Prescriptions:
- Prescription Maps:
- Treatment Overview Map
- Draft Contract
TERM: November 1st, 2020 – March 15th, 2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 23rd, 2020 at 3:00 pm.
The successful bidder’s RFP will become a binding part of the contract. The winning bidder will be held by the contract to uphold the number of Haida and local employees as indicated in their RFP.
Parties will be contacted after October 26th, 2020
For Contract Packages & Questions Contact:
Bill Crocker, Operations Forester (250) 418-1258 or Bill@taanforest.com