Contract Opportunity: Harvesting - Stump to DumpApril 7, 2021
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS/Rates
Summary of Contract Opportunity:
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan) is requesting harvesting contractors propose an all found rate ($/m3) for stump to dump harvesting delivered to Ferguson Dry Land Sort. M3 rates should include but not limited to:
- Block road maintenance
- Delivery of all merchantable logs
- Delivery of scheduled harvested monumental logs (If applicable)
- Brush piling
- Seasonal Deactivation
- Prime Contractor responsibilities
- Taan’s Corporate Management System including crew training (CMS Level 1 and Supervisors training CMS Level 2)
Tree Crown Modification will not be the responsibility of the successful stump to dump contractor. All wood will remain the property of Taan Forest and will be marketed at their discretion.
Proposals must include:
- Cover letter with summary
- Ability to complete work (list of Equipment and previous experience)
- Commitment to hire local (people who live on Haida Gwaii) including the number of people who will be working on this block.
- All found stump to dump rate $/m3
- BC Forestry Safety Council Safe Company number
- Worksafe BC number
In no specific order, proposals will be rated on:
- Ownership of contract (Haida Owned and Local Haida Gwaii ownership take precedence)
- Past experience/ performance with Taan Forest
- Ability to hire local and number of local people employed with this work
- Ability to complete the work with available resources
- m3 rate
Location: Tlell – Graham Island
Block Name: GEI003
Harvest Area (Ha) Ground Based: 34.4ha Approx. harvest Volume (m3) 18,651
- GEI003 Review Map - Download PDF
- GEI003 Draft Map - Download PDF
- Contract Term Sheet - Download PDF
- Draft Harvesting Contract - Download PDF
Anticipated Start Date May 20th, 2021 and end date August 15th, 2021
Deadline for Submission:
April 23rd, 2021 @ 3:00pm. Parties will be contacted after April 30th, 2021 based upon their submissions and advised of the next steps.
By email: email@example.com, Subject: "GEI003 Stump to Dump Opportunity"
In Person: - Due to Covid 19 restrictions, we ask that all submissions be submitted via e-mail at this time.
Questions, Additional Information and Block Viewings:
Details can be found on Taan’s webpage under careers & contracts here: https://www.taanforest.com/news/category=ContractOpportunity
For additional information please contact Paul Leslie (250) 637-1106 or Richard Aiken (250) 626-9141
Road Construction is active in this area, please schedule a block viewing.