Contract Opportunity: Harvesting - Stump to Dump LAW001May 19, 2021
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS/Rates
Summary of Contract Opportunity:
Taan Forest Limited Partnership (Taan) is requesting harvesting contractors propose an all found rate ($/m3) for stump to dump harvesting delivered to Bearskin (Skidegate) Dry Land Sort. M3 rates should include but not limited to:
- Block road maintenance
- Delivery of all merchantable logs
- Delivery of scheduled harvested monumental logs (If applicable)
- Brush piling
- Seasonal Deactivation
- Prime Contractor responsibilities
- Taan’s Corporate Management System including crew training (CMS Level 1 and Supervisors training CMS Level 2)
Tree Crown Modification will not be the responsibility of the successful stump to dump contractor. All wood will remain the property of Taan Forest and will be marketed at their discretion.
Proposals must include:
- Cover letter with summary
- Ability to complete work (list of equipment and previous experience)
- Commitment to hire local (people who live on Haida Gwaii) including the number of people who will be working on this block.
- All found stump to dump rate $/m3
- BC Forestry Safety Council Safe Company number
- Worksafe BC number
In no specific order, proposals will be rated on:
- Ownership of contract (Haida Owned and Local Haida Gwaii ownership take precedence)
- Past experience/ performance with Taan Forest
- Ability to hire local and number of local people employed with this work
- Ability to complete the work with available resources
- m3 rate
Location: Lawn Hill – Graham Island
Block Name: LAW001
Harvest Area (Ha) Ground Based: 20.9ha Approx. harvest Volume (m3) 15,715
- LAW001 Exhibit A Overview Map - Download PDF
- LAW001 Harvest Instruction Map DRAFT - Download PDF
- LAW001 Harvesting Contract - Download PDF
- LAW001 Term Sheet - Download PDF
Anticipated Start Date June 22nd, 2021 and end date August 15th, 2021
Deadline for Submission:
June 4th, 2021 @ 3:00pm. Parties will be contacted after June 10th, 2021 based upon their submissions and advised of the next steps.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "LAW001 Stump to Dump Opportunity"
In Person: - Due to Covid 19 restrictions, we ask that all submissions be submitted via e-mail at this time.
Questions, Additional Information and Block Viewings:
Paul Leslie (250) 637-1106 or Richard Aiken (250) 626-9141