Contract Opportunity: Hand Fertilization ContractOctober 13, 2020
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS/Rates
WORK OPPORTUNITY: Carry out hand fertilizing on specific stands located within FLTC A87661 targeting Red and Yellow cedar
LOCATION: Areas within Jungle, Farm and East Yakoun of Graham Island, Haida Gwaii.
Summary of Contract Opportunity:
The project is designed for enhancing the growth of cedar to ensure its dominant presence on the landscape for present and future generations of Haida. Cedar’s longevity as a tree and wood makes this an ideal carbon sequestration project as well as habitat enhancement for wildlife including black bear and cavity dwelling birds and mammals.
The successful bidder will be responsible to transport 25 Kg fertilizer bags to the work site and spread the fertilizer by hand around individual cedar trees. Approximately 1 soup can full of fertilizer around the drip line of the cedar tree will be applied.
It is strongly recommended to review the stand management prescriptions and review the site before bidding on this RFP.
If camping is required to complete the contract, the successful bidder is responsible to ensure legal camp standards are followed.
Interested companies or organizations must include in their submission:
- A cover letter describing their company and why their company should receive the contract.
- A description of how the project will be conducted with the crew and how the project will be completed within the completed timeframe/project milestones.
- Crew size to be used for this project including a list of employees that will be used, along with their employee’s proof of residence (driver licence, government ID with address, Certificate of Indian Status).
- Previous ‘forestry’ related experience pertinent to this contract (i.e., Other fertilizing projects, training).
- Cost $/ha to complete the project by block and/ or total price.
The evaluation of successful contractor will be based on:
- Local company (20%)
- Number of Local Employees (20%)
- Experience with similar projects (20%)
- Rates (25%)
- Past performance with Taan Forest or reference checks (15%)
BID RESOURCE PDFs
Attachments to review or complete for the RFP:
- Block Maps:
- Overview Map
- Stand Management Prescription(s):
- Contract Bid Sheet
- Draft Contract
TERM: February 15, 2021 - March 15, 2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 4:00 PM November 13, 2020
The successful bidder’s RFP will become a binding part of the contract. The winning bidder will be held by the contract to uphold the number of local employees as indicated in their RFP.
Parties will be contacted after November 20th, 2020
For Contract Packages & Questions Contact:
Bill Crocker, Operations Forester (250) 418-1258 or Bill@taanforest.com